I'm again adding the detail of this free workshop - something similar in the US this summer costs over $500, and in the current climate I fear that the free status of this may not persist into the future.
Enjoy the break everyone
'Using, displaying and visualizing handwritten source materials'
Here is the schedule:
- Representing primary sources in encoding
- Describing manuscripts and other text-bearing objects
- Critical apparatus and variant readings
- Linking between text and image, description and image, and text and description
- Displaying, visualizing, and using encoded texts
- Specification of own document encoding rules using schemas
Anyway, the event page for the workshops is here: http://dho.ie/node/685